First tasting event.

First tasting event 

First of all, I would like to thanks my mrs for asking the chef, Victor okunowo, if I could join this tasting event as it was invitation only. 
This African tasting event is something new to me, it is my first time attending this sort of event, glad that I did attend because it was a good experience for me with delicious food and meeting new people. It took us more than a hour to arrive at the event, we even took the wrong route but thankfully  we managed to get there at the end! :)

There will be a 8 course tasting meal host by Victor Okunowo on the 8th October 2017.
For more information click here

Here are the little tasters of the 8 course menu: 



1. Sweet potato soup with coconut crunch.


2. Salmon and Avocado fish pie.



3. Sous vide chicken breast with negro pepper, roasted ockra and buttered sweetcorn.



4. Hibiscus with mixed berry sorbet and soured oranges.



5. Torched mackerel, locust bean emulsion and mini pinball sized green apples.


6. Ankara pancake with sweet peppers, king prawns, spinach and palm oil dressing.


7. Braised short ribs with onion purée, baby onions, onion powder, spiced beef jerky with yajii sauce.




8. Banana with spiced sponge, chin chin crumble along with supermalt ice cream with malt whiskey glaze.

Overall, from a different cultural background tasting a completely different cuisine,  I would like to say that I am very impressed with the food and the way it has been presented. 



Comments

Popular Posts